Friday the 13th is a night when the veil between the spiritual and physical worlds is lifted.
Leading Sydney Paranormal expert Daniel Phillips, said Friday 13th is one of the most haunted days of the year.
“It is famous for being a time when the dead will often reach out to communicate with the living” said Mr Phillips
“There are more photos of ghosts, floating orbs and other paranormal phenomena, are recorded on Friday 13th than at any other time”.
“Friday 13th is a time where the spirit world and the physical world get just that little bit closer together...”
Mr Phillips said that some of the most interesting legends around Friday the thirteenth include:
· If 13 people sit down to dinner together, one will die within the year.
· The Turks dislike the number 13 so much, that it was practically removed from their vocabulary
· Many cities that use numbers as street names, in Europe and the U.S, do not have a 13th Street or a 13th Avenue.
· Many buildings don't have a 13th floor.
· If you have 13 letters in your name, you will have the devil's luck (Jack the Ripper, Charles Manson, Jeffrey Dahmer, Theodore Bundy and Albert De Salvo all have 13 letters in their names).
· There are 13 witches in a coven.
Mr Phillips runs SydneyGhostTour.com, and said people who go on his Friday the Thirteenth tours are often amazed by what they see.
”People who came on our last Friday 13th tour took some really interesting photos, both at the haunted mansion we visit, and later in the cemetery.”
“They tell me that they will never forget it!”
This Friday 13th of January, Daniel Phillips of SydneyGhostTour.Com is running tours of a cursed aboriginal site, a Victorian era haunted mansion, and a historic cemetery ( the oldest on the north shore) complete with resident ghosts.
His “Friday 13th Ghost tours start at 6.15pm for the family friendly tour, with adults only tours at 8.15pm and 11.15pm, at the entrance of Stocklands Mall Cammeray Square, on the corner of Miller Street and Amherst Streets in Cammeray.
Numbers are limited, bookings are essential and can be made on 8197 0363, or by visiting www.sydneyghosttour.com
Will you feel the tingle of electricity running up your spine, or the chill of a spirit passing through you, this Friday night?